Saturday, February 10, 2007

Consumed

Why is the world so consumed with itself? When I think about past circumstances, I have found that people are generally not willing to stretch themselves out for their fellow man, and especially, during times of hardship, hurt, and trials. There is this expectance for the hurting to come to them, instead realizing these people are hurting. They are not in the position to come to another, but instead want another to come to them. Yet, I know that humanity is imperfect, and will say, “Keep me posted,” or “Don’t hesitate to call me” because they do not know how to deal and approach different sensitive situations. However, humanity cannot be relied upon for the comfort truly needed, instead God is the only one that can truly be relied upon. We can relay on God, because there is always going to be someone disappointing or hurting us, that’s life.

Yet, I continually ask myself could we change, and is there something in our society that has made us more insensitive to others needs? Is it our fast paced lives, or what about our extremely individualistic society?

No comments: