Thursday, January 18, 2007

When it Rains it Pours... or Does it?

Do you ever wonder why when things seem to be raining that all of a sudden something happens to make it pour? Life seems to be a roller coaster; one your ridding high, the sun is shining and everything seems to going smooth. Then all of a sudden that 200 ft. drop hits and you try to hold on tight, but everything flies out of whack. The next thing you know your life has seemed to have lost control(if ever had it to begin with). Yet, you think life is bound to get better. There can't be anymore hills? But can there? Yep! All of sudden the "death hill" approaches. All is a goner, yet after you've gone down. You realize I survived! I have all my teeth, hair, and arms! Things don't feel, or seem so bad even if they aren't going smoothly.

These last few months I have found myself on that exact roller coaster. I plunged down many steep hills, and have experienced many sunny days. Also, the "death hill" had come and gone by many times. And through all of it I have come to realize one thing. I have a purpose, and life could get a lot worse. That God is here to help and hold me through every step, and whether it be easy, or life's toughest pursuit. I know that God is strengthening me through every step. So what can I say? Life do your worst?

Then I ask myself is it as easy as I make it sound? And do others plunge at life and despair at life as I?

1 comment:

Jonathan Erdman said...

Well said.

Very true.